Thompson First Group is currently seeking a qualified Maintenance Mechanics for a local client in York, PA. Candidates who have a background working as a Maintenance Mechanic in an industrial setting are encouraged to apply.
- Work with all internal departments from manufacturing to administration areas to resolve any facility related issues
- Respond to requests through use of CMMS work order process
- Provide overall facilities maintenance, including some manufacturing area back-up duties; wastewater treatment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Ensure security systems are fully functional for plant security
- Perform mechanical functions and repairs
- Support projects and vendor relationships
- Work overtime as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Maintenance Trade specific degree or certification or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years maintenance experience with a focus in facilities maintenance
- General machine maintenance troubleshooting skills
- Experience with printing, packaging, or converting equipment is a plus
- Familiarity with industrial manufacturing codes such as NEC
- Knowledge of safe work practices as outlined by NFPA 70E
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, etc.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to use a ladder up to 12ft.
- Must pass a physical demands test
Thompson First Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.