Thompson First Group is seeking Production Associates for a manufacturing client in Newark, DE.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team! We are looking for candidates who can grow, think, dream, and execute with us. Our culture is results oriented and we recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We invest to equip our teams with technology, healthy living options, team incentives, flex work schedules and ongoing education and training opportunities. We value collaboration and personal initiative, and we are committed to ensuring employee satisfaction and success. If you are looking for a great career opportunity, come join our team. Our growing company is looking for high energy employees to join our NEW facility in Newark, DE!
Candidates with a background working in a production or manufacturing setting, are encouraged to apply.
Description of Duties/Responsibilities
- Works safely, adheres to all safety policies & procedures; identifies, reports & helps eliminate hazards.
- Participates in workplace safety inspections and improvement kaizens.
- Quality Monitors equipment to ensure that products manufactured perform as designed and are appropriately reflected in QC/QA samples.
- Ensures that products manufactured meet specifications, such as lot numbers, manufactured date, expiration date, labeling, color and other requirements.
- Ensures that products manufactured match “first article” representations.
- Verifies that the quantity of products per package meets specifications.
- Equipment Operation Operates various manufacturing equipment, while ensuring quality and conformance to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with equipment setup as needed.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance and adjusts equipment as required.
- Ensures all product is labeled by batch record and expiration date on label and on storage container for work in process.
- Ensures that all paperwork is completed accurately on the same day the work is done.
- Maintains inventory control of manufactured items and their raw materials and assures that there are adequate materials for the daily work.
- Ensures that production rates and quality standards are being met and addresses any issues impeding such progress.
- Reports all major problems to the Shift Manager.
- Packaging Bags product and inserts desiccants.
- Heat-seals foil bags.
- Weighs bags to confirm accurate product quantity.
- Packs bags in boxes.
- Ensures properly labeling.
- Inspects product throughout the bagging operation.
- Works on a five station work cell packaging products.
- Packs product in cases; seals, labels and palletizes cartons.
- Occasionally Setting up, operating and maintaining equipment Working in a clean, temperature and humidity-controlled environment.
Thompson First Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical ormental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.